UPTab USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 to M.2 PCI Express (PCIe) NVMe SSD (10Gbps) Thunderbolt 3 Compatible - Enclosure Adapter Tool-Free
- SAME DAY SHIPPING order by 2PM (EST)
PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 / 2260 / 2242 USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 Enclosure Adapter
The UPTab external USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 adapter enclosure allows users to bring NVMe speeds with them on the go by turning any PCIe M.2 M (M key) solid state drive into an ultra-portable pocket drive.
Featuring a durable lightweight aluminum casing with USB-C connectivity, the enclosure provides near-instant access of up to 2TB of data anywhere, anytime thanks to a grooved heat-sink design that combats high heat issues commonly found in small form factor SSDs and ensures peak performance even under heavy use.
enclosure adapters are compatible with 80mm (2280), 60mm (2260), and 42mm (2242) M.2 M form factors, OS independent, and fully bus powered for a variety of uses including high-speed storage, backing up data, cloning an existing drive, running a mobile operating system, and more.
SuperSpeed+ USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 Performance
The UPTab PCIe Adapter features JMicron's JMS583 USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 to PCIe Gen3 x2 bridge controller that offers data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, double the transfer rate of USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB 3.0).
The JMS583 controller also supports TRIM command for SSD and complies with both of USB Mass Storage Class Bulk-Only Transport (BOT) and USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP), maximizing the performance of any PCIe NVMe SSD.
Additionally, the Adapter enclosure is backward compatible with USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1) and USB 2.0 devices at their respective data transfer rates.
Durable Lightweight and Tool-Free Design Keeps SSD Safe and Cool
Weighing less than two ounces, the Adapter features a sleek, compact, and crush-resistant aluminum casing that safeguards against shock and vibration while its grooved fin heat-sink base aids heat dissipation for a cooling effect up to 15°C*, protecting drives from overheating and thermal throttling.
- The enclosure adapters are powered directly through the USB-C port, eliminating the need to carry an additional power cord.
Plug and Play
- Access your files from any USB compliant notebook or device with this hot-swappable plug and play enclosure adapter. No additional drivers or software required.
Each UPTab Adapter includes:
- 1x USB-C 3.1 to USB-C 3.1 10Gbps
- 1x USB-A 3.1 to USB-C 3.1 10Gbps
- Supports 2242 / 2260 / 2280 NVMe PCIe M.2 M SSDs up to 2TB
- Supports high (double-sided) and low (single-sided) profile form factors
- Grooved fin heat-sink design reduces overheating and thermal throttling
- JMicron JMS583 bridge controller
- USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) speeds
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatible
- USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP) support
- Bulk-only transfer (BOT) support
- TRIM support
- Fully bus-powered
- No driver installation required
- Plug and play
- Hot swappable
- Supports 3.3V I/O
- Embedded 5V to 1.0V voltage regulator
- Embedded 5V to 3.3V linear voltage regulator (LDO)
- Includes one USB-C 3.1 Gen.2 to USB-C 3.1 Gen.2 cable
- Compatible with PC, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android
- Press button to release and open enclosure, no tools required.
- 1 year warranty
In The Box:
- 1x UPTab USB-C (Type-C) Gen 2 to M.2 PCI Express SSD External Enclosure Adapter
- 1x USB-C (Type-C) Gen 2 to USB-C (Type-C) Gen 2 Cable
- 1x USB-A Gen 2 to USB-C (Type-C) Gen 2 Cable
- 2x Thermal Pads
Apply thermal pads to the NVMe (SSD) to prevent speed throttling when moving/copying large files.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Nice enclosure, Quality look and feel. 500gb Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVme will make a great USB-C thumb drive. Very Fast 436 Mbs Read, 441 Mbs Write Using CrystalDiskMark 6.0.2 Is a bit warm to the touch But would not Burn you only 123 Deg Fahrenheit. I really love this. In comparison My Corsair Flash Voyager Which is a 256Gb Sata USB SSD is 389/63 respectfully.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item. If a customer returns merchandise that does not have RMA number clearly indicated outside the packaging it will be refused. Items that are opened or damaged or do not have a RMA number may be denied a refund or exchange.
Free Ground Shipping on all orders over €53.38 to contiguous United States. Orders of €53.38 or less will be charged actual shipping charges calculated by built in rate calculator based on the order weight, volume and destination. We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are dimensional and weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.